- Danger rolls and stats stay as they are.
- Side-based initiative. Forever and always.
- Lower armor and no shield-breaking to change a hit to 0 damage.
- Attack Bonus (AB) based on weapon type (unarmed = -1, ranged = +0, light melee = +1, heavy melee = +2).
- No more Critical Hits when you roll boxcars. It would always weird-out the math.
- Dying rules instead of straight death at 0 Health. New Dying rules includes Scars.
- Exploration rules right from HSI.
- Hazard roll included in the rules.
- Bartering rules instead of gold amounts. Money is abstracted (stolen liberally from PbtA’s Uncharted Worlds).
- New XP questions (based on this article) to vary up the options for ways to advance.
- Increased Health at level 1 so no one dies in only one hit. Lower Health increase per level to offset this early boost.
- Having a goal and relationship is now a part of character creation. Get your players invested in the world!
- Many (72) brief, interesting backgrounds with a lot of room for interpretation. Roll once for your father’s side and once for your mother’s. Instant family tree (or at least the start of one).
- Mystic, a wizard that rolls for spells. As they level, they obtain access to more spells and can further control the winds of magic.
- Disciple, an adventurer devoted to a cause or deity. They have more reliable magics than the wizard, which makes them more predictable and dependable.
- Vagabond, a tough-as-nails adventurer. They use their signature weapon and superior skills to loot the deep places of the world.
- Each class has a unique table!
- This list of spells is a modified, alphabetized form of Knave’ spells. #94 is my favorite.
- Some last-minute tables to give Elements, Effects, and Forms when called for. They also help with names and extra fluff for role-acting. I highly recommend you buy Maze Rats and use its excellent tables for more inspiration for making monsters.
There it is. All in five pages. Enjoy.